While the nation is growing in its demands for the CNAs, this is a great time to hit it hard. Grab some CNA courses and become a Certified Nursing Assistants. Here are some of the best aspects that a beginner must know on how to become a CNA and enter into a new career.
- We have listed best CNA training Schools you can join, just search schools which is suitable for you or you can directly contact us so that we could assist you to find the perfect one for you.
- Take classes seriously and feel easy while you collect materials and perform assignments. Make a good class note and see that you learn well.
- Once you get into the course well, start preparing for the state wise test- the Certified Nursing Assistant exam. Practice sample tests as much as possible. Try for some of the online test as well. This will help you in the long run to develop confidence.
- It is wise to keep a pleasing resume in the hand. The resume must encompass the basics pointed out by the employers. Browse the internet for some sample resume. While preparing one for yourself, take care that the experiences are highlighted and you attach the volunteering certificates in a health care institute with it.
- Last but not the least, a good interview is enough to get you the job. So, dress up professionally, feel confident to present what you know about the field, and answer the best and accurate.
The above five points can be enough to get you well on how to become a CNA. A good tip to deliver will be that a good CNA is a polite, humble and respectful to the patients. This can be the last lesson that must be learnt to expertise in this field.
A CNA may have to do various kinds of duties during the course of work. Mentioned below are the basic CNA job descriptions:
- CNA basically help the nursing staff in admitting, transferring and discharging the patients. They may also be required to assist the nursing staff in required documentations.
- A CNA takes care of all hygiene needs of the patient as soon as he or she is admitted to a medical facility. In this regard, the duties may include feeding the patient in schedule, checking vital signs and symptoms, reporting a nurse or physician, and also ambulating. Along with the patient’s hygiene, the nursing assistant is also required to look after the beddings and bathing of the patients and also maintain the surrounding area of the patient clean.
- Along with physical care to the patient, a CNA is also required to provide emotional support to the patient. Since CNA come into more contact with the patient than any other medical officer, they can provide social and emotional support and care to the patient.
- Apart from the tasks mentioned above, a nursing assistant also requires having a number of skills and qualification to perform his/her task properly. A valid CNA certificate is required before being allowed to work. They must also have good communication skills to interact well with the patients. Along with these, they are also expected to have a good command of English.
- The CNA must be ready to work in any kind of conditions. A nursing assistant may be required to move or lift patients. They also have higher susceptibility to communicable diseases and harmful chemicals during the course of work. Besides that, the work schedule may be abnormal. As a nursing assistant, they do not have a fixed working schedule each day like a 9 to 5 job. Instead their shifts may include any time of day and at most medical facilities, their shifts keep on changing every week.
Thus, a CNA has a wide range of tasks in a medical facility. However, above are the basic job description of a CNA .