While the nation is growing in its demands for the CNAs, this is a great time to hit it hard. Grab some CNA courses and become a Certified Nursing Assistants. Here are some of the best aspects that a beginner must know on how to become a CNA and enter into a new career.
- We have listed best CNA training Schools you can join, just search schools which is suitable for you or you can directly contact us so that we could assist you to find the perfect one for you.
- Take classes seriously and feel easy while you collect materials and perform assignments. Make a good class note and see that you learn well.
- Once you get into the course well, start preparing for the state wise test- the Certified Nursing Assistant exam. Practice sample tests as much as possible. Try for some of the online test as well. This will help you in the long run to develop confidence.
- It is wise to keep a pleasing resume in the hand. The resume must encompass the basics pointed out by the employers. Browse the internet for some sample resume. While preparing one for yourself, take care that the experiences are highlighted and you attach the volunteering certificates in a health care institute with it.
- Last but not the least, a good interview is enough to get you the job. So, dress up professionally, feel confident to present what you know about the field, and answer the best and accurate.
The above five points can be enough to get you well on how to become a CNA. A good tip to deliver will be that a good CNA is a polite, humble and respectful to the patients. This can be the last lesson that must be learnt to expertise in this field.
A nursing assistant is a medical officer whose work range can vary from watching admitted patient’s physical condition to maintaining their hygiene and feeding schedules. The main duty of the nursing assistant is the daily management of their patients such as taking care of the routine needs of the patients and report about the health of the patient to physicians. Following are the basic job responsibilities of a certified nursing assistant:
- One of the basic tasks of the nursing assistant includes looking after the day to day personal activities of the patient. This often includes bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, ambulating and others. The nursing assistant is required to maintain the hygiene of the patient well. Along with the hygiene of the patient, the nursing assistant is also required to take care of the cleanliness of surrounding area like room, furniture, etc.
- Nursing assistant not only take care of the patient’s hygiene but also keep an eye on the physical condition of the patient. It is their duty to look after vital sign’s of the patient such as measuring blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration. They are also required to collect patient’s specimens for laboratory tests.
- Not only are the nursing assistant required to take care of feeding, toileting, bathing and other schedules of the patients, they are also required to assist the patient with various physical works such as doing light exercise, shifting positions, moving, lifting and transporting. Nursing assistant should help the patient to regain or maintain physical strength and musculoskeletal functions.
- Nursing assistants are not only expected to assist the patients but are also expected to assist doctors and nurses in various tasks such as applying non-sterile dressings, handling of contaminated objects, reporting and observing environmental situations which might spread infection. They are also expected to maintain required documentations and paper works.
- Nursing assistants are also expected to provide emotional and social support and comfort to the patients along with the physical support.
- Nursing assistants are required to have a valid CNA license to work as a CNA. Moreover they are also required to have a good communication skill.
- Nursing assistants must be willing to work in any time period. Since most medical facilities do not have a fixed schedule every day, nursing assistants should not expect for a 9-5 job. Instead they should be willing to work at any time of the day.